Greetings, Beerknurds. Thanksgiving is here, and I have a lot to be thankful for so I’m only going to list a handful of reasons here. In no particular order:
- I am thankful to have been in the beer business for as many years as I’ve been allowed.
- To have met some of my favorite people on this planet in the craft beer world.
- For my family putting up with my work schedule and beer travels for the past few decades. (Now, I take them with me.)
- To have spent time with the legendary John Young and the man who taught me so much, Michael Jackson.
- For Sean Wilson of Fullsteam Brewery for helping push the Pop The Cap campaign in North and South Carolina. Without him, we may all still be drinking 5.999% beers out east.
- For Ken Grossman and his special brewery that converted me to craft.
- To all the beer enthusiasts out there who carry the torch—and don’t take themselves too seriously—for craft beer every day.
I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, with the opportunity to enjoy your favorite people. Don’t eat too much, and be sure and release part of your cellar to the kinfolks so they, too, will appreciate what we already know.